Summer School and Completing Courses at Other Institutions



UC Merced Summer 2018 Registration Information

Registration Dates:

•  Continuing Students: February 2018
•  Non-UC Merced Students: March 2018

Registering for Courses:

•  Check for course options in the Online Schedule of Classes
•  Register online at myRegistration

UC Merced Summer Session Dates:

•  Session A: May 21 – June 29, 2018
•  Session B: June 18 – August 10, 2018
•  Session C: July 2 – August 10, 2018
•  Session D: May 21 – August 10, 2018

For more information and details about Summer Session 2018 please make sure to visit the UC Merced Summer Session Webpage.


Completing Coursework at another Institution

Summer is a great opportunity to take additional coursework to maintain or speed up your academic progress at UC Merced. The following steps below outline the process to take coursework at an institution other than UC Merced.

1. Before enrolling in coursework, see your Academic Advisor to determine the applicability of potential coursework to your program.

2. Preview the course schedule for course options at the institution of your choice. The following Approved Course Lists show available courses at other UC Campuses, CSUs, or other 4-year institutions and their UC Merced course equivalents.

Community Colleges: ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California College or university can be applied when transferred to another. Note that only lower division courses are offered at community colleges.

3. Register at the other campus and complete the course. Be sure to submit all transcripts to:

UC Merced Office of the Registrar
5200 North Lake Road
Merced, CA 95343

Approved courses for CHEM 1 do not appear on Please see the list below for course articulations.

If a course is not on the approved list, please submit the course's full syllabus with the Course Review Form. Any course taken for degree credit outside of UC Merced must be approved by UC Merced Faculty.


Important Information about Transfer Credit

  • All courses must be taken for a letter grade. Grades of C- or better must be earned in order for credit to be awarded.
  • To receive credit for courses taken elsewhere, you must submit official transcripts from the institution you attended.
  • Courses taken outside the UC (Community College, CSU, and other 4-Year Universities) are not included in the total GPA but can be used to fulfill degree requirements.
  • Grades and units taken at another UC are counted in the cumulative GPA and units if taken during the summer or through an approved UC program (ex: Intercampus Visit Program)
  • UC Extension courses (excluding Concurrent Enrollment) cannot be used towards degree requirements as the courses are intended for non-degree seeking students.